The Blue-Collar Diet

Friday, August 05, 2005

Monkey Man

Once again, I got to spend a half day Friday installing metal hangers. We have to put a total of six steel hangers on each of the outlookers we built yesterday.

Three of the hangers can be installed from the roof with the palm nailer. The other three must be installed from underneath, by someone climbing around in the rafters.

I got to be the rafter monkey today. I was glad that I was chosen today instead of my first day. There wasn’t much space in there and I really don’t think I could have managed in my previous hefty glory.

After climbing around and using the palm nailer for a couple of hours, I was more than happy to start doing our weekly cleanup. The woodpecker vibrates your wrist like crazy; it can get painful after a while.

We always try to leave the site clean and organized on Fridays. We want to avoid leaving a bunch of debris for the homeowners to stumble over on the weekend. I think it makes the relationship work better that way.

We finished up and left early as per our Friday tradition. I’m not sure, but I think every half Friday is better than the last. There’s something about ditching out of work early without risk of negative repercussions that makes your afternoon particularly enjoyable. I finished the week out at 168 pounds again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home