The Blue-Collar Diet

Monday, July 25, 2005

I Have a List

We had our weekly safety meeting this morning. After touching on various ways for us to try not to hurt ourselves, Hefé handed out a list of tools.

These were the minimum tool requirements employees were expected to have. There were several things on there that I hadn’t acquired yet, so I was excited to have a newly found excuse to drag the woman to Home Depot on our next shopping trip. She can cross her arms and roll her eyes all she wants, but I’ve got a list.

We were kind of surprised to see some electrical tools on the list. Included were a circular saw, saw-zall, and cordless screw gun. I think most of us kind of felt that was something that should be provided for us, but Hefé’s point that we would need those things if we were ever going to take side jobs made pretty good sense.

Being much too much of a tightwad to go spend several hundred of dollars on a new circular saw and saw-zall, I’ve added writing a well-worded email to my father to my agenda for the week. He has multitudes of tools in his collection; the only question is finding the best way to sweet-talk (AKA con) him into sending some out to me. I wonder if the old, “Dad, do you love me” routine still works?

We spent the day working on walls. Our garage is really starting to take shape. We were told that we would have trusses to set on Thursday. When I weighed in this evening, I hit a new low of 171 pounds. A new lower number on the scale is a great thing to see on a Monday.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:43 PM, Blogger fuqstik said…

    He gave me a drill a few years ago with no chuck to go with it

    there's a 3/8's bit jammed in there, so if I need to drill a 3/8 inch hole, I'm set...

    He also gave my little sis a box of tools when she moved out...there was a "custom" screwdriver in there with a 45 degree kink in the shaft

     

Post a Comment

<< Home