The Blue-Collar Diet

Monday, August 15, 2005

Which Are You?

We finished up sheeting the roof of the garage this morning. It had rained a little the night before, so the roof was a little wet.

As we were pulling sheets of plywood up onto the roof, I kind of ran down the roof to grab one from the guy lifting it up from the ground below. Afterwards, my Mexican counterpart asked me if I was stupid or just crazy for running on a wet roof like that. I told him it was probably a little bit of both.

After we were done sheeting, I once again was nominated to install some metal hangers. By the end of the day, we had finished our third box of A35 hangers on this job. There are 100 in each box, and each A35 hanger requires 12-10d nails, so that’s 3600 nails on those hangers alone.

The rain we had overnight seemed to make the afternoon more humid than usual. We were complaining about the humidity when The Bitch overheard us. He asked if we were in fact complaining about the humidity, and when we replied that we were, he just laughed at us and walked off. Evidently he has no sympathy for a bunch of spoiled Tahoe carpenters complaining about humidity that is still half the norm in the Midwest.

At the end of the day, I weighed 170 pounds. As I walked in the door, my girlfriend got a great laugh out of the blue racing stripe running across my face. The Bitch got me again today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home