The Blue-Collar Diet

Friday, August 12, 2005

Every Friday is a Holiday

Today was the first Half Day Friday for The Bitch. He was pretty excited about getting off early, said it felt like a holiday weekend of something.

I told him that every weekend was a holiday weekend for us on account of the whole half day thing. I said it was nice to get off early, but it carried a curse of the longest four hours you could ask for.

When you know you’re getting off early, it tends to make you more accustomed to clock watching, and that tends to make the day go by pretty slow. What should be a short four day ends up seeming just as long as a normal day on account of the drag factor; at least while you’re at work it does, time quickly stops dragging once you drive from the jobsite.

I weighed in at 168 pounds again. I’m pretty sure my weight on Monday will be a little heavier, as The Bitch and I need to do some hard drinking this weekend for old time’s sake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home