The Blue-Collar Diet

Monday, August 22, 2005

More Destruction

I got to start the week off right by destroying the homeowner’s living room. I grabbed my trusty sledge and crowbar and went to town forcefully removing the fireplace, a couple of closets, and the entertainment center.

As we were killing a wall, I was trying to pull off the metal corner bead underneath the drywall. Somewhere along the way, it had got a break in it and developed a razor sharp metal edge protruding that I wasn’t aware of. My hand eventually slipped, jamming firmly into the jagged chunk of metal.

I was left with a half-inch gash, about a quarter of an inch deep on the meaty part of my hand, just below the thumb. It was a bleeder; just wouldn’t stop. After performing my usual technique of wiping the blood on the front of my shirt, I ended up looking like I had taken a shotgun blast to my chest. I had blood everywhere.

The cut eventually stopped bleeding, and I sucked it up and continued my path of destruction with the vigor of a newfound hatred for the item that just gashed my hand propelling me forward.

We ended up with a huge pile of debris that needed to be trucked outside to the dumpster. The FNG and I got about halfway through cleaning it when the dumpster was packed to its limits. The rest of the removal would have to happen at another time. I weighed in at 168 pounds this evening.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 7:50 PM, Blogger fuqstik said…

    sorry about all the deleted comments but some internet dickcheese keeps posting spam comments with bogus links to sites that do who knows what to your compter....I'm deleting them for your protection people

     

Post a Comment

<< Home