The Blue-Collar Diet

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Tearing it up with The Bitch

The Bitch and I got to start the morning tearing out the front wall of the house. The old conventional size front door would be replaced with a massive opening in the wall leading into our newly framed hallway. We would also be tearing out the old window to close up the opening.

The Bitch doesn’t enjoy the demo work to the extent that I do as he is used to building new homes. He managed to nick himself up a few times on old nails and such doing some demo last week. Mr. The Bitch said that he hadn’t gone home with that many new cuts in years. I, being the supportive male role model that I am, called him a pussy.

We made it through our demo without any major incidents; the next step was framing it back in with our new parameters. Hefė gave The Bitch the set of plans and let us go to it. It’s still weird having The Bitch as the journeyman carpenter that I’m trying to learn from. He’s definitely picked up a ton of knowledge in the years since the last time I worked with him.

Incidental side note about Hefė. It turns out that Hefė is actually spelled Jefė. One of my Mexican coworkers kind of chuckled at me when I asked him if it was spelled with an H. “The H sound is a J in Spanish fool,” he laughed. So, anyway, I’ve decided to stick with Hefė anyway. I’ve already been using it this long, might as well ride it out, and I think it makes it easier for the Spanish-deficient to read, so what the hell. I weighed 168 pounds today.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home